Thursday, August 11, 2011

Yo but check me out though


Hey! I made this! Can you believe it?

Have you ever lurked on the many pages of www.rapbay.com? Being the one of the few (or perhaps the only) Bay Area rap music and culture retail websites/marketplaces, there are many gems to be seen. I found this great new album cover that I'd like to share with you:
Perhaps one of the most down-to-earth and heartfelt album covers I have ever seen in "hip-hop". HD (and perhaps guapale as well) simply feel strongly about their paper. This is a couple weeks old so I'm a little late as far as blogging goes, but nevertheless still a classic.
...
Yo but anyways I went to San Francisco for a few days and hung out with this dude:
The weather was mostly shitty in SF so we went to Oakland for a day to hang out in the sun and go to this strange dinner party. It was in this baller apartment on the 6th floor of a very tall building.
I bought this drink. It cost me only one dollar!!!
Here's another shot. 12% alcohol... "Earth shattering".
This dude named Quelle lived there, who apparently produced half of the Danny Brown "Hybrid" album. He's from Detroit himself. He mentioned working with J. Dilla and Roc Marciano as well, so you know I was semi-starstruck. Here's a (shitty) pic of me and him. You know folks had to roll up on the album cover afterwards, too:

No comments:

Post a Comment